Teens - Positive Thoughts & Affirmations*
- Helps teens become aware of how positive thoughts and affirmations lead to positive actions
- Fully reproducible activities
- The skills learned promote real life outcomes and behavioral changes
By Ester R.A. Leutenberg and Carol Butler, MS Ed, RN, C
This workbook is for facilitators to help teens become aware of how positive thoughts and affirmations lead to positive actions. Facilitators can use the fully reproducible activities in this workbook to provide teens with three types of take-away skills Conditions and Behavior, Frequency and Duration, and Accomplishment.
Take-away-skill statements for each activity may be used in educational and/or treatment planning, and also used to measure progress toward goals. These skills promote real life outcomes and behavioral changes.
Whether we realize it or not, we talk to ourselves, all the time, every day. What we say affects how we see ourselves, others, and the world. Self-talk affects our emotions and actions. It may sound simple, but, we can change our thoughts and change our lives.
The activities in this workbook will help teens:
- Decide what they want to believe about themselves.
- Picture their beliefs.
- Develop positive traits.
- Navigate obstacles.
- Re-program negative thoughts.
- Live life enthusiastically.
- Determine their future.
- Take possible actions.
The eight chapters in this workbook include:
- Thought Re-programming
- Positive Actions